Picture Above: Children of an orphanage run by Nazarenes in Togo praying for God to get Ebola out of West Africa.
Togo is one of the fifteen countries of the Africa West Africa and it has not been affected by Ebola. However, these children and many others are praying for all the children who are dying or living in fear and difficult conditions in the Ebola stricken countries.
“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7.13-14.
- Have a time of fasting and a time of prayer at least once a week
- Pray for God to bind any fear and loose peace in the hearts of the people of West Africa
- Pray for our district superintendents, pastors, leaders, and churches in Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea Conakry, that the Lord will use them powerfully as agents of hope and salt and light of Jesus in these difficult days
- Pray for God’s wisdom and protection over the medical doctors and health personnel in the Ebola-affected countries
- Pray for God’s wisdom for the head of nations and decision makers in Sierra Leone, Liberia, and Guinea Conakry
- Inform and educate by checking the World Health Organization and International SOS websites for updates