Coordinator – Rev. Ronald Miller
The NYI is the youth arm of the Church, representing upwards of 100 000 people aged 12 to 40 within its structures. The primary goal of the ministry is to play an active role in ensuring that young people form a deep and active relationship with Christ. It is through listening to Christ that the youth in Africa can grow in to life-changing leaders. NYI initiatives and events seek to build on capacity to consistently and effectively engage African youth.
The ministry places its focus on developing and supporting youth in various aspects including, but not limited to: politics, entrepreneurship and leadership. To this end, the NYI hosted a conference in Johannesburg, South Africa from 12 to 16 December 2016, called Nazarene Youth Connection. The event was attended by over 500 people and held fruitful discussions around the theme: “Chosen to Change”.
The following NYI events are still to come during the course of the year:
- A touring ministry group from America will visit South Africa from 13 May to 13 June 2017, taking part in a variety of youth ministry activities.
- A youth conference will take place in South Africa from 21 to 23 June 2017.
- A conference focusing on urban ministry will host over 100 young people from 13 to 26 August 2017 in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.
- There will be a youth camp from 20 to 27 August 2017 in Lagos, Nigeria.
- A campus revival programme will be held in Nairobi, Kenya from 10 to 30 September 2017.
With 200 million people aged between 15 and 24 (the youth bracket), Africa has the youngest population in the world. This means that the NYI ministry in the region has the appropriate opportunity and platform to groom a significant number of future leaders on the continent. NYI takes its duty seriously, as it guides young Africans in taking their rightful place as leaders of the future.
For more information, contact your Field Youth Coordinators on
South Field: LoReal Burton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
South East Field: Terrane Nemashape (email@example.com)
West Field: David Sunday Okon (firstname.lastname@example.org)
East Field: Nicholas S. Barasa (email@example.com)
Central Field: Zebedee Mazambi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Lusophone Field: Eduardo Luís Macamo (email@example.com)
Indian Ocean Field: Nambinintsoa Razafindralambo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN YOUTH MISSION TRIPS, PLEASE CLICK
AND FILL IN THE INTEREST FORM.
Find us on Facebook here